Sunday, June 15, 2008

Don't Refuse...Summer News and Reviews


(Spoiler Alert ~ If you haven't seen the Finale to LOST or the Mid-season Finale of Battlestar Galactica ... maybe you shouldn't read this ... or maybe it doesn't matter to you,  cause they're just flippin' TV shows!...)

Hey There, Folksies ~  Wow, allot of time has passed, since I wrote last. I kind of promised that this blog would be a "weekly" thing about stuff going on in "my world". Well...I've been slacking...
We are well into June, and I had a Birthday a couple weeks ago. One thing I'm glad about is, no one really noticed, except the ones I really care about. Birthdays, now at my age (which I won't tell my age - let's just say it had a "0" in it...)...Anyway...Birthdays are now just a "sign post" of my coming death. Not to be negative, I still have about 40 years left!! Alright enough of this Jibba-Jab... Let's talk about what's going on this Summer...

First Off I just watched the Mid-Season Finale of Battlestar, But let's talk about LOST first...

LOST ~ had it's Finale a couple of weeks back, but I still need to give my "2 cents". The Finale was great! It answered a lot of questions (not all, but most) And we finally got to see them "leave" the Island. It felt really satisfying and brought closure, but still left the more "story" to be told! I really don't know where they're gonna go with next season. I was expecting to see who was in the coffin. Which I knew was Locke. Locke is one of my favorite characters, so the whole time I was thinking "please, don't be Locke". Desmond IS my favorite character, so I loved it when Desmond and Penny got reunited. Desmond is an "Odysseus" kind of hero at this point in the story, so his "Odyssey" fulfilled,  he can move on to be another type of character. Just a little background, I think that the writers main objective in this show is this... That the characters are assentionally "lost", and have been living a kind of lie to themselves.  They are trying to find out what kind of "people" (or characters) they really are. And (like Charlie or Micheal), when they find it, they can "move on".

...To Be Continued...

.t.

No comments: