Thursday, November 17, 2011

What's "Fair"?

I've just seen a post on Facebook, of a VERY good friend of mine... and I love the guy dearly, and I rather not "Confront" him on his own God-damn page... BUT, I have some issue with what he said and I NEED to vent somewhere!!!

now, I'm not saying "I'm right, and he's wrong", (because he's kind of right, but not "entirely") ... I just don't see his Point of View, and I'm not willing to lose any friendship we have over something "he sees" or "I see" ... well, here's what he said;

"While I don't pigeon hole myself as either Party, ther are crucial life-lessons that mothers of the OWS'ers should have taught their children but obviously didn't. Life isn't fair. The concept of justice - that everyone should be treated fairly - is a worthy and worthwhile moral imperative on which our nation was founded. But justice and "economic equality" are not the same. Or, as Mick Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want." No matter how you try to "level the playing field," some people just have better luck, skills, talents or connections that land them in better places. Some seem to have all the advantages in life but squander them, others play the modest hand they're dealt and make up the difference in hard work and perseverance, and some find jobs on Wall Street and eventually buy houses in the Hamptons. Is it fair? Stupid question. Nothing in life is "free." Lastly, there are reasons you haven't found jobs. The truth? Your tattooed necks, gauged ears, facial piercings and dirty dreadlocks are off-putting to employers. If you don't have a job, find a mirror and face the problem. It's not them. It's you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here's my rebuttal:

"Well, I'm working one day a week... but I'm considered Jobless right now! I've been looking for another job for 2 years now(part time at least!) ... I don't have ANY tattoos, or dread locks... I'm an average looking 43 year old...( maybe THAT's My problem, I'm too old?) ... Anyway, I haven't been to ANY of the OWS rallies because... I've Been Looking For A Job!!

Maybe I should look Harder for a job?(...when I think, I'm looking as hard as I can...) maybe I shouldn't care if I'm going to be "happy" at a job that is probably only going to pay minimum, and just take anything that comes along? I "might" get raises and promotions to become the CEO of future company I work for?... I COULD DO IT!... I can sell my soul for cash and become a Tyrannical, Greedy, Money Loving, FUCK! ... After 20 years of backstabbing and soul-crushing, then "Life might be more fair to me'!!" Screw taking care of my Mom in the last years of her life! She would be proud of me, after I spend countless amounts of money on useless endeavors, killing everyones hopes and dreams... and she's dead!

... Your right though... "Life isn't Fair" ... the "people" with all the money are sending all the Jobs to other countries, and NOT paying any taxes...that's not fair. Most Americans who THOUGHT they were "Middle Class" are now "Poor" because a few people "In Charge" are not handling our money right?... That's Not Fair Either!! Our President is black, and the "Grand Old Prejudice" doesn't like this and are doing everything in their power to "get rid of him-when he was given a Shitty Government system after the Old President left ...well... that's not fair ...nobody cares though...and "it's probably his fault", at least that's what the "Tea Party" thinks and they are full of "people who should know"!!!

...all this stuff is happening...

When it comes down to it... I'm able to squeak with some money and I am warm against my computer, writing this crap and not out there with everyone. That isn't fair! These people are standing out in the cold, with chances of getting Pepper Sprayed or Arrested...DEFENDING MY RIGHTS?!! How fair is that!!? So, I guess your right... it's me."

No comments: